Last updated: May 23, 2018
Acceptance and Updates
Information collected by Flowplayer
Personal Information is information that identifies an individual. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to receive white papers, participate in certain forums on the Site or sign-up for the Service), we may require that you furnish Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you, such as your name, postal address, telephone number and email address, billing information only when you voluntarily provide it to us. We may also combine Personal Information you provide to us with publicly available information, such as your organization’s name, in the event you provide us with an email address from your organization.
Non-Personal Information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal an individual’s specific identity.
Environmental Variables. We may collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type, screen resolution, OS version and browser type and version. These environmental variables are collected by most websites and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
Web Beacons. Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that we, or service providers acting on our behalf, may place in our Web pages, in our advertisements and in our emails. Working in conjunction with cookies, web beacons allow us to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific Site page or section, clicked on one of our advertisements, or opened or acted upon an email. They also tell us the number of times advertisements or pages are displayed. This allows us to measure the performance of our Site, our advertising and our email campaigns.
- IP Addresses. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and in many cases, IP addresses are shared by multiple people. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) you visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
Use of Information collected
Personal Information. We may use Personal Information: 1.2. to fulfill your requests, such as to create a Service account, send a requested white paper, send online video updates or complete your purchases; 1.3. to operate the Service, to send you important information regarding the Site and issues specifically affecting the Service and your use of the Service, including changes to Site terms, conditions and policies. Because this information may be important, you may not opt out of receiving it; 1.4. to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions from us and/or our marketing partners that we believe may be of interest to you; 1.4. to permit you to share videos uploaded to the Service via the “email to a friend” link displayed in certain Flowplayer players. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us, and we may use, your email address and your friend’s email address to facilitate sending the message. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose. We store your email address and your friend’s email address in our system for a limited time, after which it is deleted from our system. We do not use Personal Information obtained through the “email to a friend” feature for any other purpose other than to enable the email to be sent, unless we disclose such other purpose to you at the time you provide us with the email address; 1.5. for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose Personal Information: 1.1. to our affiliates and any future corporate subsidiaries or affiliates, so that they may use such Personal Information for the purposes described in this policy. Flowplayer AB is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information; 1.2. to our third party service providers who need the information to provide us with components of the Service and/or such services as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service and email delivery services; 1.3. to third parties where you have requested to use a third party service (including applications) in connection with the Service and have requested that we provide information to them; 1.4. to identify you to any person to whom you send messages regarding Site-related content through the Site; 1.5. to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and 1.6. as we believe appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Use of the Service
- The Service, which is accessible through the Site, enables customers to upload, manage and publish videos to a customer’s own website or to third party websites. Please note that any information you disclose through videos uploaded via the Service may become public information and may be available to visitors to the website where they are posted and to the general public. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other sensitive information, via the Service. We are not responsible for the use of any Personal Information you disclose through your use of the Service.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices
- Payment Processing. We use a third party payment service (“Payment Service”) to process credit card payments for certain editions of the Service. When you provide credit card information on the Site, that information is sent directly to the Payment Service. Flowplayer does not have access to your full credit card number and does not store such information in its own systems. You acknowledge and agree that any Personal Information that you provide in connection with such credit card payments will be transmitted directly to the Payment Service. Information transmitted to the Payment Service is encrypted using SSL software. The Payment Service is required to comply with all applicable privacy and security laws and the rules and regulations issued by the credit card companies, however, Flowplayer is not responsible for the Payment Service’s failure to comply with such laws, rules and/or regulations.
- Forums and Profiles. We may make other services available through the Site (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality, “profile pages” and blogs) to which you are able to post information and materials (collectively referred to as the “Forums”). Please note that any information you disclose through the Forums may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other information, via the Forums. We are not responsible for the use of any Personal Information you disclose through the Forums.
- Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the“Contacting Us” section below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
- Opt-Out. If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt out by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the latest such message you have received or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your rights. You have the following data protection rights: 6.1. You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information. 6.2. You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. 6.3. If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm To exercise any of these rights, please contact us according to the section “Contacting Us”. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children: Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. Please contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
- Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Issues. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
Flowplayer AB Mäster Samuelsgatan 36 111 57, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN