Flowplayer adds AI video transcription tool to enhance accessibility and shareability
What is a video transcript?
A video transcript is a text version of the audio which is needed to understand and follow content, it also has a range of other uses, which are outlined in this blog post. Video transcripts increase video accessibility, help meet WCAG 2.0 requirements and go beyond ADA video compliance.
The transcription tool benefits
Using the video transcription tool with the freshly built-out advanced accessibility plug-ins will give you the following benefits:
- Increased Reach and enhanced engagement. Around 466 million people worldwide have disabling hearing loss.
- More Brand engagement. The hearing impaired truly appreciate brands that make their content available to all.
- Multi-lingual engagement. Making your content multilingual through transcriptions will increase opportunities for audience growth. Your content will not be everyone's first language, having transcriptions allows more people to view and engage with your content.
- Muted-audio viewing. Transcriptions give your audience the ability to view content when listening to the audio is not possible.
- Improve discoverability. When there is a text version of your content, you have enabled Google to crawl and index your metadata.
- Multi-medium reach. You can post the entire transcript on your web page - repurposing it to allow more people to engage across different mediums. This is likely to create more content awareness which will drive up new viewers.
In today's connected world, audiences are more dispersed across countries or continents than ever before, enabling greater accessibility gives you the opportunity to enhance your offering while supporting inclusion and diversity.
Now supporting over 35 different languages, Flowplayer can auto-transcribe effectively, (super) efficiently, and affordably. If you are wondering how to get a transcript of a video in your account, please check out our documentation or contact us for help.
If you want to learn more about transcriptions for our HTML player or any of our advanced accessibility features reach out to sales for a demonstration and enterprise trial account.