- Mobile devices and iOS do not support automatic playback on page load.
- Volume and mute state cannot be controlled on mobile platforms and iOS.
- Native HLS playback support in Internet Explorer Edge is very buggy, using the hlsjs plugin is strongly recommended.
- Chromecast cannot play HLS streams with alternate audio renditions. The standard Chromecast receiver app does not support subtitles. A custom app from us is in the making
- Flash HLS does not support #EXT-X-BYTERANGE streams.
- Native fullscreen is supported in Chrome 15+, Safari 5.1+ and Firefox 14+. Old browsers will use the full browser window. In Firefox 9-13 fullscreen is disabled and needs to be manually enabled at
- Cross domain loading of VTT files for native subtitle display does not work in most browsers.
- Recent Chrome versions allow Flash playback in players beneath a certain size on explicit user interaction only. Latest versions block Flash completely by default (same behavior in current Safari).
- Chrome gets stuck when trying to load the same video twice, even in two different tabs.
- On iPad fullscreen playback from within an IFRAME is only allowed in native fullscreen, i.e., with native_fullscreen set to
- Flash and some versions of Internet Explorer cannot handle anamorphic MP4 video.
loopattribute is not working in some old versions of Firefox.
- Flowplayer does not support playlists on Windows Phone 7. Windows Phone 7 does not provide the video events that are required to successfully support a video playlist.