Creating a livestream
You can create a livestream by going to the Livestream menu item and clicking + Add new.
This will trigger a four step process:
- Type: Decide what type of livestream it should be: go live now, scheduled or 24x7 linear
- Metadata: Enter metadata such as title and description
- Source: Select stream source or use a remote stream
- Settings: Select the approriate settings such as quality or recording
Step 1: Supported types of live events
We support three types of livestreams:
- Go-live-now streams - good if you quickly want to go live now for example from a mobile phone
- Scheduled livestreams - good for events starting at specific times
- 24x7 live linear streams - ongoing linear livestreams without start/end
Step 2: Entering metadata
Livestreams have metadata fields similar to videos. During creation you need to specify the title, description and any tags you want to associate your livestream with.
Step 3: Select the source input for the livestream
You have three options to use for the stream source.
- Create a new livestream (default)
- Use an existing livesource
- Enter a remote stream URL
Step 4: Select settings
You have to decide what quality you want to have for the stream. This depends largely on what the quality of the input signal is.
You can also decide if you want to record your livestream. Recording is only available if you do an event of type go-live-now or a scheduled event. 24x7 events are not possible to record since they are too long.
For more information about the different use cases you can read our blog entry introducing our livestreaming.