Getting started with advertising
Flowplayer is used by many customers to deliver advertising for the video player. We support all standard advertising formats across the web and you can review our list of supported formats for additional details.
Note: To work with Advertising in Flowplayer you need a subscription with advertising support included such as a Professional or an Enterprise plan.
How to start with advertising
- Upload a video to have something to show advertising around
- Create an ad tag in Flowplayer by inserting a tag from your ad server
- Create an ad schedule from the ad tag you created
- Create a video player and link your ad schedule with that player
- Embed a video
If you already are running video advertising and have a VAST compliant ad server you can use one of your existing ad tags to test this.
If you do not yet have an ad tag for testing you can use one of the below:
- DFP sample ad tags available from Google to test the player. We recommend that you get started with a preroll ad since that is the most common format and most easy to debug.
- SpotX is a partner to Flowplayer and they provide specific test tags to be used in Flowplayer.
If you do not have access to advertising inventory we can help you with that, contact our sales team.
If there are any issues with video advertising, please refer to our advertising troubleshooting guide.